Monday, December 15, 2008

Oh Canada!

It has been really exciting in the offices here lately just watching
what God is doing. One of the most interesting developments is the clear
move of God for ministry into Canada in 2009. Prior to this time, I have
only been into Canada for ministry a handful of times in 20 years of
ministry. Well, this coming year we will likely have 25% of our ministry
events in Canada as far west as Edmonton, Alberta and as far east as
Montreal, Quebec. Who would have thought! And ministries in Vancouver
and Toronto as well have expressed interest as well. The most
interesting aspect of all of this is that I have not made one phone call
asking a church if we could come. It has all been word of mouth.

Last summer I met a lady named Viv while I was ministering at Word of
Life conference center in Schroon Lake, NY. Viv is the director of
Mission Globales in Montreal. (http://www.missionsglobales.org) She
invited me to speak at their conference in November, 2009. That began a
flood of interest through her network in Quebec and across Canada. Then
I was invited to speak at Mission Fest Alberta in February, 2009.
(http://www.mfest.ab.ca/) Both ministries have been influential in
scheduling ministry events in local churches in their regions. As a
result, at this time I already have 14 events on the calendar in Canada
and expect many more to follow before we are finished with the year. I
will have the privilege of speaking through translators for ministry in
French, Haitian, and Chinese churches along with ministry in English
speaking churches as well. What a privilege to be part of what God is
doing in Canada.

I've said for years that I believe God has called me to the church in
America to call the church to be the church he intended her to be. My
friends in Canada told me that God must have meant "North America"
because the church in Canada needs the message as well. They may be right!

I will keep you updated as we move forward.

Have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: