Sunday, March 1, 2009

Update from Edmonton, Alberta

I had a great time in Edmonton for the Mission Fest Alberta conference. It was such a privilege to be there. It was a very busy time but very exciting.

My friend Jeff Schaa flew in from Elfrida, AZ to help me man the product table. This was a large conference held in the Shaw Conference Center in downtown Edmonton. We had a simple product table set up in the exhibit hall area where we gave away copies of the book and CD. All totaled we gave away 800 copies of the CD. We also gave away almost 600 copies of the book, which was all we had with us. What a privilege! The folks there were very generous and donated a lot to help with the duplication of the CDs and the books.

I also enjoyed meeting the guys in High Valley, a Christian Country group that was doing music at the conference. They are from Alberta but are currently in Nashville working on a new CD. We met at the airport in Nashville and had the same flight to Edmonton through Toronto. You can check out their music at http://www.hvministry.com/?p=home. I really enjoyed meeting them and hope we will be able to hang out at my place from time to time. I most enjoyed their heart for ministry.



Left to Right: Bryan, Curtis, & Brad Rempel (High Valley)

I had the great privilege of getting to speak at this conference. On Friday evening I got to preach to about 1200 teens. I talked about the fact that it matters who you follow. There were many, many responses during the invitation.

I also had the privilege of speaking during the closing general session. The theme of the conference was "While There's Still Time" and I talked about the fact that when we are not living out what we say we believe, others pay a price for it. I challenged them to personally love and connect with God and to be transformed by the power of the Holy Spirit so that they would then be able to love, connect and transform their world for Christ.

One of my favorite times of the whole weekend was preaching at Calvary Community Church in Edmonton. The second service was my personal favorite. I was exhausted by this time and had to rely on the strength of the Holy Spirit. But wow, what a service. It was a privilege! I will be posting a copy of that service on our web site shortly.

I arrived home safely on the following Monday, wore out but excited to have had the privilege of being involved with this Mission Fest. God has been so kind.

No comments: