Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Latest updates

Wow, it has been a long time since I updated the blog. It has been crazy busy and updating the blog gets pushed down the list of things to take care of. I am excited about all that God is doing. Some times the trick is just holding on for the ride.

I am looking forward to the summer season when I will be based in upstate New York at the Word of Life conference center and family campground. I was there last week for administrative meetings and it was exciting to see all that is going on in preparation for the opening week the end of June.

I was also in Montreal that weekend for the first of many ministry weekends. My friend Viv in Montreal has set up all the meetings with local churches over the summer. It will be a blast to be there almost every weekend. I met the folks at Temple Baptist in the morning and will be back this summer for a full concert. Then in the afternoon I met with the youth group from South Shore Chinese Alliance. They are a great group. Then the pastor took us out to eat at a local Chinese restaurant. It was fantastic! I really love trying new foods and this was as authentic as it gets. There were no English menus anywhere. And the menus did not have any pictures either. Pastor ordered for all of us. There were 14 of us around a large round table. They brought all the food out and sat it on a large lazy susan in the middle of the table. Everyone started with a bowl of rice. Then you simply added to it from all the options on the lazy susan. The most interesting thing I ate was the Duck Kidneys. They were good. They were cooked in a hot sauce and sliced thinly. You picked out a piece and added it to your hot soup. The soup warmed it up. It reminded me of the texture of a chicken gizard. So anyway, I really loved the meal and am looking forward to being back for a couple more events there at South Shore Chinese Alliance this summer.

I am in Michigan at this time for a couple weeks of Pastor's retreats. I am in the midst of a very, very busy season. I will only be home about 5 days between now and September so if you think of me, say a prayer. I appreciate it.

Have a great day!

No comments: