Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Update from the Shack

I am on the road in Northern Michigan near the end of two weeks of ministry. Last week I ministered at a Pastors Conference for IBM - Independent Bible Mission. The conference was hosted by Ao-wa-kiya, one of my favorite places to be. This was a group of Pastors who are planting churches. I love being able to minister to the Ministers and it was a great privilege to be there. As a side note, this camp facility is a great resource for Pastors in this region and I highly encourage you to check it out if you need a place to host an event or retreat.

On Friday, after that conference ended, I drove on up to Ludington to see some friends I had not seen in 8 years. It was a blast to spend the night with them. In the morning we went on a long walk down to the Ludington Lighthouse and back. It was a privilege to get to spend time with them again.

On Sunday I had the privilege of ministering at Aetna Community Church near White Cloud. This is one of my favorite places to be. The folks there are so kind. I alway look forward to being back. And these folks can cook!

Which brings us to the Shack. This week I am at a Pastor's Retreat, which is different from a Pastor's Conference. The idea of a Pastor's Retreat is to provide a place for a Pastor and his wife to disconnect from the pressures of ministry and reconnect with their spouse and with God. So there is no agenda, just lots of hanging out and sleeping. It is hosting by Shepherds Care, Inc. and this year it is held at the Shack in Jugville, Michigan. In the category of "poor me, suffering for Jesus, AGAIN!", the Shack is an amazing bed and breakfast. I am providing worship music for a share time we have each evening. But I am also gladly taking full advantage of the time to rest. I need it as much as any Minister out there. The road schedule is so busy right now. So I am putting off office work until the end of the week and sleeping my way through the day.

I am enjoying it a ton.

Hope you are doing well. Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear the encouragement and the rest that you are getting on this trip!
It's good to see how God is taking care of you!
~Michelle