Thursday, October 2, 2008

Taking a Day to Rest

Today is my day off this week. I will head out tomorrow at 5:00 AM for a
Men's Retreat I am speaking at in Northern Michigan. I am really looking
forward to these meetings as the topic is Living by Faith. Plus, I've
been involved with this church for many years so it is like going home
in some regards.

The challenge I have today is to rest. Like most folks, I tend to go a
hundred miles an hour through the week. If I am not careful I can forget
to take time off to rest. I think the principle of a Sabbath rest is
important. Some say that it is the most violated command of the 10
commandments. But actually, the idea of a Sabbath rest was instituted at
Creation long before the Law was given. So I try to take one day a week
and do nothing. And while it drives me crazy, I know it is best!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the blog is a good idea. Trust you enjoy the men's retreat and that the Spirit gives real freedom in sharing and ministering. Praying for open hearts. It's hard today for folks to realize that it's not just people in full time ministry who should be living by faith. We try to do so much on our own.
It makes me a bit homesick b/c I know it's my home church. Greet the folks from us please. Jackie

Steve Pickell said...

Hey Bro! Like the blog idea... You shouldn't have a problem having enough to write about! Have a great week!